Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Duping the turquoise-y Tiffany goodness of China Glaze "For Audrey"

Friday, August 13, 2010   |   3 comments


My rainbow nail tips post on Beaut.ie yesterday drew a question from reader SJP's Missing Mole, who wondered if Barry M Mint Green was a dupe for China Glaze For Audrey. I thought I'd do a quick comparison swatch of some of the blue-greens in my stash to show them side-by-side.

Daylight, overcast, no flash

From L-R:


1. OPI for Sephora Teal We Meet Again is obviously way off. It's much darker than For Audrey and, of course, it's shimmery, but it looked a bit put out at not being included in the line-up so I had to let in sneak in. (The fact that I simply adore its mermaid's tail qualities may or may not have influenced my decision.)

2. Rimmel Sky High is more vibrant than For Audrey, but I think it's certainly in the same family. You could definitely have a go at frankening something very similar to that Tiffany blue by slowly adding a couple of drops of cream or white nail varnish to a bottle of Sky High and shaking well after each addition.


3. China Glaze For Audrey. 'nuff said.

4. Barry M Mint Green is even more green and different to For Audrey In Real Life than it appears here.

So no exact dupes in my own collection, sadly, but Essie Greenport, Chanel Nouvelle Vague, and the Accessorize version of same (which you might now be able to snap up on their sale, down to €4) are all easy to come by dusky turquoises which would pass for For Audrey. A galloping horse wouldn't notice the difference, etc. 


Probably the best dupe I've seen for it is Orly Gumdrop - another creme, it was part of their SS10 'Sweet' collection. Although it doesn't look it in the picture below, the Orly is actually fractionally lighter than For Audrey, but it's only a weeny shade out and on the nails the difference really is minimal.



Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 6:27 pm, August 13, 2010, Blogger Nailish Ramblings said…

    I happened to have For Audrey on the last day when I got my hands on H&M Bella's choice and in the bottle it looked very similar. So that might be another easy one to acquire in Ireland.

     
  • At 6:45 pm, August 13, 2010, Blogger Unknown said…

    Yeh the bottle colours are v similar but I think the H&M is a much brighter tropical turquoise on the nail than FA, which is more muted once applied than it looks in the bottle..? Would be interested to hear what you think if you get a chance to swatch them side by side :)

     
  • At 4:55 pm, August 14, 2010, Blogger Nailish Ramblings said…

    It's on my list of things to do!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails