Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

New Addition.

Tuesday, August 03, 2010   |   3 comments



We came home from a trip to Wexford on Sunday with this gorgeous purple hydrangea in tow. (Thanks, Aunt Liz!)

Although I usually veer towards architectural, fairly modern planting for our garden, there are a couple of old fashioned plants that I'm a real sucker for, and hydrangeas are definitely on that list.

This one reminds me of my granny's garden so I'm really, really hoping that it can survive my black thumb.


Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 7:03 pm, August 03, 2010, Blogger likemamusedtobake said…

    I love hydrangeas Lynnie. Have a pink and blue one out the back and I do nothing except cut the heads off them in the spring and they grow really well. Also managed to successfully take cuttings of them last year which again with no care are growing out the front. My blue one has turned pink this year because of the soil type so I will rectify that with the solution you can buy in garden centres. Am going to buy some nice white ones next year too.

     
  • At 7:37 pm, August 03, 2010, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sounds like it'll be ok in my low maintenance garden so! Must get some of that solution before planting it out. The pink ones are lovely in their own right but I really want this one to stay blue/purple.

    How are your herbs btw?

     
  • At 8:05 pm, August 03, 2010, Blogger likemamusedtobake said…

    Yeah it shoud be fine. I tend to do as little as possible with my flower beds so they don't become too dependent on me hehe. I only water them in really, really hot weather. The pink are lovely too, I have one pink & one blue (well two pink now). Herbs are growing great now thanks. Rocket and spinach are flying along. It is great to be able to just pick fresh herbs to throw into dinner each night.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails