Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

X Factor Fashion Fever, Part II

Tuesday, November 16, 2010   |   3 comments


So. We all agree that Dannii's earrings looked fab on Saturday night (and I am very tempted to do a post composed entirely of photos of her outfit choices on this year's X Factor - am style crushing on Dannii's wardrobe in a big way.) 

As predicted, they're kind of on the expensive side, with a price tag of £25,500. While that gets you a whopping big pair of 18ct diamond and Amazonite yellow gold earrings, I think they might have looked better on the telly than they do In Real Life.

 source: Bochic

Don't they look a bit like something Katie Price's alter-ego might pair with a particularly klassy outfit?

Anyway, here are a few of my picks from Etsy that won't do quite as much damage to your pocket!


Clockwise from top left: ELEVEN13, $28; BrooklynArts, $36; sparklecouture, $28; LuzDesigns, $21; CloudCuckooLand, $18; ArtWark, $23; WishByFelicity, $16; brideblu, $16.

Alternatively, you could always try getting someone to custom make a pair of turquoise earrings to your exact specifications through Etsy's "Alchemy" service. This involves creating a wanted ad detailing what you're after and how much you'd ideally like to pay, and then Etsy sellers bid for your business to create the item. 

It's a service I haven't used myself, but a friend designed her own bespoke ring and then had it made through Alchemy and it turned out beautifully so I think it's pretty magic. (Couldn't resist.)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 5:46 pm, November 16, 2010, Blogger Lovely Girlie Bits said…

    I thought Danni's earrings were gorgeous and made her eyes look really blue. £25k??! Yeah I think I'll be sticking to the cheaper versions thanks hehe

     
  • At 6:15 pm, November 16, 2010, Blogger Nailish Ramblings said…

    I obviously thought her earrings were v expensive but I really thought they looked like crushed up tissue paper inside like perspex or something.

    Even had a big convo with lil sis about them.... How wrong could I be?

     
  • At 12:01 am, November 17, 2010, Blogger Unknown said…

    Karen - I know, mental price! Sure you could have a nice massive new Beemer (or two) for that money.

    NR - ha haaa, brilliant!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails