Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Talon-tastic Thursday: Lá Fhéile Pádraig special

Thursday, March 17, 2011   |   6 comments


Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone! I've no idea yet what we'll do this evening; Porterhouse in Covent Garden has been suggested, but I think I might be too old to put up with the crush.

Oh well. At least the nails are done.



I used Barry M Mint Green as the base colour on all nails except my ring finger, then sponged a nameless Claire's Accessories yellow-green and Sephora by OPI Leaf Him At The Alter over that, trying to achieve an impressionist mossy/lump of shamrock effect at the tips.

The shamrocks on my thumbnail were done with a white Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen.

For the nail on my ring finger, I started with a base of M&S Baby Blue and then used Sally Hansen and Nails Supreme nail art pens to draw Howyeh Kitty (inspired by this manicure.)

I got these shoes last weekend in Madrid without even thinking about Lá Fhéile Pádraig, but they're accidentally perfect for the day (and night) that's in it!




Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 9:54 pm, March 17, 2011, Blogger itsnevertoolatetolearn said…

    Love love love an excuse for festive nails.....
    However because of the chronic quality and quantity of nail at the moment I cheated and used fake nails....no where near as creative as yours but still festive!!!!
    http://misseducator.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 3:45 am, March 18, 2011, Blogger Lokum Hanim said…

    So cute =)

     
  • At 10:19 am, March 18, 2011, Anonymous Annie said…

    Oh wow, those look AMAZING Lynnie, well done. You're a proper pro these now!

     
  • At 11:04 pm, March 18, 2011, Anonymous Freckles said…

    Hi Lynnie,
    Love the blog and everyone I copy(or at least try to!!) your designs everyone raves about my nails. I'm just wondering where I can get the Sally Hansen nail art pens in Ireland? Don't seem to be available online. Thanks :)

     
  • At 1:29 pm, March 19, 2011, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thanks girlies! :)

    Freckles - I picked them up the last time I was in NY and unfortunately they're not available here. We're not getting the SH Salon Effects decals either, which is a crying shame!

    If you have family/a good friend travelling to the States, it might be worth asking them to pick some up for you as they're really not difficult to come by - every Rite Aid/Duane Read/Walgreens etc I came across had them.

    Alternatively, you could try eBay or, if you're into swapping, you might be able to get them in a swap on makeupalley.com.

    Let me know how you get on!

     
  • At 6:50 pm, March 19, 2011, Anonymous Freckles said…

    Hi Lynnie,
    Thanks for getting back to me. I'll check out e-bay and let you girls know how I get on in the meantime I'll just stick to using a very narrow brush. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails