Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

And now we come to the swimwear portion of our competition.

Friday, August 05, 2011   |   6 comments


I haven't bought a swimsuit since I was in my teens and actually went swimming regularly in the local pool. That was a black Speedo Endurance Medalist number, with turquoise and white side panels and a powerback for ease of shoulder movement.

With holidays on the horizon, I'm looking for one that's a bit more fashion than function this time around (although I should probably consider a powerback - after all, I don't want my mojito-lifting arm to be restricted.)

Something like these one of these retro-style lovelies would be ideal, if I could find a nice example for less than fifty quid...


{available from Etsy seller ThomThom Vintage; pic via Tais-toi, sois beau}

{£59.95 from For Luna}

{£59.95 from Anthropologie, size XS still available online at the time of writing}

{£59.95 from For Luna, on backorder}

That last one reminds me of something...


Oh right, it's just the Viv Westwood for Melissa heels that I obsess over in all colourways and designs.

As you were.


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 11:17 pm, August 05, 2011, Blogger Sue Jordan said…

    Have you honestly just flaunted VW Cherry shoes in my fizzog with no consideration for my spending ban? Ghawwwd! *googles frantically*

    Those swimsuits are just Gorge!

    Did you end up picking one?

     
  • At 11:32 am, August 07, 2011, Blogger Unknown said…

    CherrySue - I am intent on dragging you down with me ;)

    Didn't get a swimsuit yet although do very much like the Anthropologie one. I think it might actually kill me to spend that kind of money on a swimsuit!

     
  • At 12:39 am, August 13, 2011, Blogger lynn said…

    what adorable suits! i rarely go in the water anymore and am always covered up...so lame...

     
  • At 12:36 pm, August 25, 2011, Blogger Unknown said…

    the actor's diet - they are lovely, aren't they? I sunbathed and went swimming a grand total of once on my holidays in the end. And I'm going to say that not going in the water and covering up isn't lame, it's sun aware ;)

     
  • At 9:47 am, September 11, 2011, Blogger Breige said…

    I love those swim suits! I much prefer swim suits of bikinis, esp retro style

     
  • At 12:10 am, September 16, 2011, Blogger Unknown said…

    Breige - totally agree. And since Himself thought it was appropriate to put our holiday photos - including the ones of me in a bikini - on Facebook, I now *really* wish I'd sprung for an all in one!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails