Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Did you miss me?

Thursday, August 25, 2011   |   2 comments


You may have gathered from my extended absence over the last two weeks and the recent fancy beachwear post that I've been away in forren climes. I'm just home from Zambia - it was seven different kinds of amazeballs so I might do a dedicated post on it in a bit - and the post-holiday blues are a sort of swirling, sucking, seemingly bottomless whirlpool of darkest navy at the minute.

The great walloping comedown of landing back in reality after holidays is never fun - especially when your return involves placating a small white dog who is spectacularly pissed off at being left with his babysitter for the duration of your escape - but I'm finding it particularly difficult this time around. As my Twitter followers will know, I am currently iPhoneless and shoeless, clothesless and make-up less (well, almost) courtesy of some light-fingered *insert vicious expletive of choice that would make a fishwife faint here* who pilfered my checked luggage on the trip home.

That definitely hasn't helped matters.

I've reported it to the airline (South African Airways) and started the process of putting in a claim on our travel insurance, but aside from the loss of actual stuff I'm gutted that the hundreds of photos I've taken documenting the last 18 months of my life are gone, most likely forever. So is the protective sticker I got for the back of the phone in San Francisco last summer, which sounds stupid but it reminded me of that holiday and everytime I saw it.


And it was super cute, dammit.


Oh well. At least the dog is starting to gradually warm to us again.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 9:47 am, August 26, 2011, Blogger xgirl said…

    Welcome back!
    What a post-holiday comedown, though - so annoyed for you >:(

     
  • At 10:19 am, August 26, 2011, Blogger Le Smurf said…

    Yaaaaay Lynnie you're back! That is super shiiii-iiite about the telephone et al. I would be so upset. If you have synced your iphone to your laptop though you can sync a new one and it'll restore everything to your new one albeit minus your holiday snaps etc and also making a large dint in your bank account for a new iphone. Hate bloody losing things!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails