Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Suits you, Barbie.

Friday, September 09, 2011   |   2 comments


I was gobsmacked when I saw Charlotte's photo of this original vintage Barbie at The Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green.

And not just because her sunglasses are awesome. 


{photo credit & source: Charlotte @ Lipglossiping}

She's wearing one of the swimsuits I ogled a couple of weeks ago! (Except, y'know, in a more teeny tiny incarnation.)

Then I came across this photo of the Barbie Malibu Dream House by Jonathan Adler. Look very closely at the mirror above the fireplace and tell me what you see.


{source: Jonathan Adler}

Would a close-up help?

{source: telegraph.co.uk

Jesus. Ok, that's more than a little creepy. But I'm pretty sure the universe is trying to tell me that I need a black and white chevron striped one-piece in my life.

Now, If the universe could just see fit to send the hundred-odd quid that Go Get Retro and Etsy seller ThomThom Vintage are charging for such an item my way, we'd be laughing.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails