Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Just another Mani Monday: Vintage lace

Monday, May 14, 2012   |   9 comments



Himself and I did our first proper joint wedding-y thing yesterday: we took ourselves off to The Vintage Wedding Fair at Chiswick Town Hall. It was a pretty small affair, with about 40 suppliers spread across a couple of rooms, but it was a suitably gentle introduction to the world of wedding shows for a reluctant bride.

Although I hadn't intended to fit on any frocks (and was therefore wearing entirely unsuitable underwear for the makeshift communal changing room that was shared between all the vendors), I did try 3 dresses from Luella's Boudoir in Wimbledon while we were there. They were all around the £3,000 mark, which I didn't realise before I fitted them on, and if I hadn't been so shocked at their price tags I would have laughed in the assistant's earnest face.

I didn't feel like I was having anything close to a THREE GRAND dress experience in a communal changing room with 6 or 7 other birds in their knickers with a mirror and a half between us; the last time I was in a communal changing situation like that was about 16 years ago in super cheap 'n' tacky No Name on Dublin's Henry Street (and even it had loads of mirrors.)

Anyway, I think all the wedding stuff and lace and vintage palettes that we were surrounded by yesterday inspired today's manicure: the classic China Glaze shade For Audrey embellished with hand-drawn white lace detail.

I think it turned out really nicely - what do you reckon?


 





Products used:
Orly Bonder base coat
China Glaze For Audrey
White nail art pen
Seche Viche top coat


Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

  • At 3:13 am, May 15, 2012, Blogger Rose Eva said…

    Wow, three grand! I wore a $40 lace dress from H&M at my wedding- tho we did elope, haha.

    Those nails look absolutely amazing! If I could even do one nail on each hand like that, I'd be happy as anything. :)

    Hope the wedding planning goes well!

    Rose Eva
    Silhouetted

     
  • At 5:54 am, May 15, 2012, Blogger Lenny said…

    you hand-drawn the lace? whoaaa these are gorgeous

     
  • At 11:33 am, May 15, 2012, Anonymous Elly Parker said…

    I look at all your posts, but I rarely comment, but those are just bloody gorgeous! Well done!

     
  • At 3:38 pm, May 15, 2012, Blogger Unknown said…

    woah 3k and a communal changing room, eh no thanks!!!hahah no name!!! nails are amaze!!

     
  • At 7:41 pm, May 15, 2012, Blogger Nurse Fancy Pants said…

    Very pretty! I've been considering getting that China Glaze shade but I've way two other similar shades at this stage! Can't believe that lace is hand drawn!!! Beautiful!

     
  • At 10:10 am, May 16, 2012, Blogger Sabrina said…

    Lynnie that is such a pretty design. It's so perfect, well done. I pin my fave designs from your website to my pinterest(linked back to you of course), i hope that's ok.
    Loving the wedding updates, lol at the changing room and unsuitable undies. 3k is a bit hectic for a wedding dress, but at least you'll get some idea of what's out there. Keep us in the loop anyway. :-)

     
  • At 11:27 am, May 16, 2012, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thanks Rose Eva - the option of eloping looks more attractive every day ha ha!

    Lenny - thank you and yep, all freehanded :)

    Elly - thanks missus x

    oscarwells - cheers and seriously, I think No Name was classier!!!

    CeeCee - ah yeah there are so many similar dusty duck-egg blue shades now, even a nail polish loving galloping horse wouldn't notice the difference. And thank you :)

    Sabrina - that's no problem at all, sure I'm flattered that you like them enough to include them so please work away :) Tis really when chancers try to pass my stuff off as their own work on their websites that I get my underwear (unsuitable or otherwise lol) in a twist because that's usually when the original source gets lost and I've taken to watermarking my nail pix to try and prevent that from happening anyway x

     
  • At 1:03 pm, May 16, 2012, Anonymous Sandy Beach said…

    How, just how do you draw on your nails like that? I'm overawed.

     
  • At 10:41 pm, May 16, 2012, Blogger Sabrina said…

    Saucy feckers. You'd think the blog name would put them off x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails