Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Talon-tastic Thursday: Spectackular.

Thursday, May 31, 2012   |   3 comments


If it feels like ages since my last nail post, well, that'll be because it is. Let me try to make it up to you by sending not one but TWO Talon-tastic Thursday posts your way today!

We'll kick off with a few manicures that I wore earlier this week; I blame the heat for making me put together some of the tackiest, trashiest paint jobs to ever take up residence on my nails.


{when bad paint jobs happen to good people}

You know when you've an amazing idea that just doesn't work on paper? This neon gradient was a bit like that. I think the contrast between the colours I used (Ciaté Big Yellow Taxi, Angelica Hip Hop, Angelica Holiday Fun) was just too extreme. Oh, and of course bright yellow is never a great choice with my skintone.

Next!



Nude polish and glitter is always a winner, although I can't actually remember which putty-coloured nude I used as the base colour here.

D'oh.

I can tell you that the glitter is Models Own/Hedkandi Ibiza Mix, which I concentrated mostly at the base of the nails for a (relatively) sophisticated effect.


{L: indoors, partial sun; R: indoors, shade}

Nothing sophisticated about this (Angelica Hip Hop with Models Own/Hedkandi Ibiza Mix) which was bright to the point of obnoxious in real life, but sadly my camera just couldn't capture the madness. It did make me smile every time I looked at it, though.

Have any of your best laid manicure plans gone awry recently - and did the hot weather make anyone else do anything a bit stir-crazy?


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 6:50 pm, May 31, 2012, Blogger Le Smurf said…

    Ah here!

    I think they're all lovely but the red with the MO glitter is my favourite.

    My other favourite is your engagement ring - magpie much?

     
  • At 10:26 pm, May 31, 2012, Blogger Sabrina said…

    Your comments on the first one made me laugh girl. looks like an ice lolly, and while i do love ice lols, I'm not sure about the nails. The other 2 are really awesome though :-) Your bling is so gorgeeeous. Himself is a vay vay wise man. x

     
  • At 3:10 pm, June 01, 2012, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thanks ladies :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails