Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

NOTD: Fairly festive feline

Monday, January 07, 2013   |   4 comments


Maybe it's because I have a January birthday, but I always rebel against attempts to de-Christmas by Nollaig na mBan. (That's "Women's Christmas", or 6th January, FY non-Irish readers I.) It's supposed to be unlucky to leave decorations up past this date but frankly I think that superstition was invented by some sadist who wanted to make January even more grim than it is naturally.

I can't be the only one who needs days to get used to the newly bare house once The Christmas has been packed away for another year!

However, for the second time in the last three years we will be in the middle of moving on my birthday, so the tree and all associated paraphernalia have had to be shelved early. Maybe the colours I picked for this quick manicure were a subconscious attempt to hold on to something Christmassy just a little bit longer?


{terrible light, sorry!}

Rubbish photo aside, I adore how the simple red leopard print turned out. Since I was trying a new nail art pen, I didn't want to commit to anything too intricate which was just as well: I found the Nubar pen a bit blobby!

However, I was very impressed with the red Rimmel polish I used. The round-tipped brush ensured it went on beautifully, and it was opaque in one coat. I'm actually sorry I went with the gold accent nails and suspect all red would have been more effective (although, eh, I'm not sufficiently bothered by the gold to redo them, and thankfully they don't look at all patchy off camera.)


Products used
Sally Hansen Complete Care 4-in-1 Treatment as base coat
Rimmel 60 Seconds in Ready, Steady, Paint!
OPI Goldeneye
Nubar black nail art pen (bought at the Olympia Beauty show)
Seche Vite top coat


Labels:

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails