Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Nail Fail: Barry M Textured Nail Effect Paints

Thursday, March 07, 2013   |   2 comments


I'm usually a big fan of Barry M polishes. Cheap, cheerful, and with frequent trend updates as well as regular expansion of the core colour range, they're widely available, often on offer, and regularly outperform some of the prestige polishes in my stash. So when I clocked that the new Textured line (£3.99/€5.95 each) were not just on sale but on offer in my local Superdrug, I snapped up all four shades and rushed home to swatch them.

I started with Ridley Road, the mint green, since I reckoned it would be my favourite.



Actually, it might be more appropriate to say that I started and ended with Ridley Road because I thought the finish was ick and made my nails looked like they'd been haphazardly pebbledashed. I immediately removed it and haven't tried any of the other shades since.

Now since it was purely the bumpy finish that I didn't like - the colour itself was fab - I don't know why it didn't occur to me to slap on a layer of Seche Vite to even things out.

Probably because every cell in my body was busy screaming "ohmyGodgetitoffGETITOFF!"


The other colours in the line-up are Kingsland Road (candyfloss pink), Atlantic Road (baby blue), and Station Road (bizarre slightly sparkly scrambled egg yellow) and while Barry M Textured Nail Effect Paints are certainly innovative and affordable, they're just not for me. Sadface.

Whether it was a disappointing new polish purchase or some nail art that didn't quite go to plan, tell me: have you had a nail fail recently?


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails