Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

NOTD: Happy 4th July

Tuesday, July 03, 2012   |   9 comments


Yes, I know it's not the 4th of July quite yet, but I thought I'd put this post up a bit early for anyone planning to do their nails tonight in advance of the day itself.

Red, white and blue are at the heart of the colour scheme, of course, but I decided to mix it up a bit with fireworks (I've been in the States twice for the 4th July, in Chicago and San Francisco, and fireworks displays were at the centre of our celebrations on both occasions) and the all-important date, with lettering copied from the Declaration of Independence.

Happy 4th, y'all!






Products used:
CND Stickey base coat
Essence Cookies
& Cream
Barry M Red Glitter
Topshop Gypsy Night
White, blue, and black nail art pens
Seche Vite topcoat


Labels: ,

9 Comments:

  • At 6:03 pm, July 03, 2012, Blogger Jenny10bc said…

    These look great! Best fourth of july nails iv seen so far :-)

     
  • At 6:20 pm, July 03, 2012, Blogger Sue Jordan said…

    They look great Lynnie! Love the firework effect on black, will definitely have to feature them next year. I went with in yo' face flags this time round :) #razzledazzle

     
  • At 9:07 pm, July 03, 2012, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thanks Jenny! What a great compliment, made my night :)

    CherrySue - cheers! And I'm loving your blinged up flags, yo.

     
  • At 11:13 pm, July 03, 2012, Blogger Rose Eva said…

    While I love the theme, I thought you were English. o.O Quite brave to walk around with those :P Though there are quite a few american flag shirts in topshop and whatnot which confuse the hell out of me! This will be my first july 4th not celebrating as I think people might lynch me!

    Rose Eva
    SilhouettedBlog

     
  • At 12:20 am, July 04, 2012, Blogger Unknown said…

    Rose Eva, prepare to get even more confused: I'm actually Irish, living in England :D

    I know American friends who celebrate the 4th in the UK usually go in for low-key BBQs etc at home, but I always thought that was mostly because public gatherings aren't organised around it here. I reckon it's safe enough to celebrate - PROVIDED you don't ask anyone why they're not getting a day off school/work for Independence Day ;)

     
  • At 9:39 am, July 04, 2012, Blogger Maria said…

    Okay Lynnie, it's definitely offical - your nails are extradionary!! Love the fireworks!
    Am off at lunchtime today so must try out some of the designs. Besides the Volvo Ocean Race is in town and we've all gone a bit celebration mad here so it would be rude not to try right??? ;)

     
  • At 10:35 am, July 04, 2012, Blogger Unknown said…

    Maria - it absolutely would ;)

     
  • At 3:37 pm, July 04, 2012, Blogger S said…

    Oh GORGEOUS! You have put my sarcastic bald eagle to shame! I love the firework one, it's so pretty, would be fab on bonfire night too. Gorgeous x

     
  • At 4:54 pm, July 04, 2012, Blogger Unknown said…

    MissGreenEyes - your sarky eagle is brilliant, I think, and I won't have a bad word said agin him. He looks like he has loadsa personality!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails