Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

DIY interior inspiration for Autumn / Halloween

Thursday, October 18, 2012   |   2 comments


When we lived in Ireland, I used to go in for Halloween decorating in a bigger way than I do now. While it was never on a Martha Stewart scale or anything, I liked the little touches around the place that celebrated the arrival of Halloween and the arrival of autumn generally: hurricane lamps lined with red and golden leaves, fallen crab apples, pumpkins, and, er, bat silhouettes.


I'm tempted to revive the tradition this year, especially since we'll have guests over the Halloween weekend. We won't be having a party or anything, but it's fun to decorate for something other than C*******s and it might inspire me to have a bit of a (desperately needed) tidy-up.

Here are a couple of not too OTT DIYs and decorating ideas for this time of year that I've seen lately.


(FAO my fellow arachnophobes - two of these photos contain illustrations of spiders; one of them has hairy legs. I don't think it's all that bad myself, but you have been warned!)

{"Gothic" tealight holders (wrapped in black lace trim)}

{Autumn leaves bunting}

{Mini pumpkins! SO. CUTE.}

{Ehrmehrgahd. Charity shop find decoupaged into skulltacular serving tray}

{Tricked out black and white pumpkins, complete with spiders}

BEWARE!

HAIRY SPIDER ILLUSTRATION COMING UP in

3...

2...

1...

{Not sure I could bring myself to follow through on actually framing this}

{Painted and chevron pumpkins are a HELLS YES}

I'll be putting scads more pictures on Pinterest if you're in need of additional inspiration, but for now tell me this: do you decorate for Halloween?

{image credits: all images linked to their respective sources}

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 11:29 pm, October 20, 2012, Blogger Sabrina said…

    The gothic tea lights are mega cute. I'll be honest, I can't be arsed with halloween but I'll put in the effort for my son. I'll get him a costume, decorate a pumpkin and I might even have a bash at those tea lights. Roll on the 1st of November, so i can get on with CHRISTMAS, whoop whoop.. x

     
  • At 4:15 pm, October 22, 2012, Blogger Unknown said…

    NOOOOO, not the "C" word! It's too early! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails