Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

Talon-tastic Thursday: Good Romance

Thursday, August 04, 2011   |   2 comments


I'm not great at maths, so it seems quite incredible that I have spent a large proportion of my professional life working in banking, finance, and accounts, dodging well-meaning managers who were keen for me to study accountancy by night.

Beauty maths, though, are a different story.

Here's one equation that I worked out for Beaut.ie recently:


 {Foundation + body lotion = M.A.C Face And Body. Kinda.}

Today's Talon-Tastic Thursday is the product of a similar experiment. 

I added a bright purple glitter polish and a squishy black jelly polish in hopes that the solution would ape Deborah Lippmann Bad Romance. 

{China Glaze Liquid Leather + L.A. Colors Glistening Purple = Deborah Lippmann Bad Romance. Ish.}

Now, I know that Bad Romance also contains large hexagonal glitter, but I really just wanted to see if I could create an approximation of it rather than a true copycat.

Here's how it turned out:



Oh yes, works for me. I think I'll call it Good Romance.

If that hasn't sated your lust for a more Bad Romance-alike polish complete with hexagonal flakes, Revlon's Facets of Fuchsia looks like a good bet for a dead-on budget dupe.


{First sighting in the wild! Hand and photo are Eva's.}

It's not out until October, though, when it'll cost 9 of your finest Eurobux; I'll be quite happily making do with my DIY version until then.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 5:16 pm, August 04, 2011, Blogger Sue Jordan said…

    This is gorgeous Lynnie!!

    I've never come across the LA Colours glitter though, saw Facets of Fuchsia (can never spell that without thinking) and want it. Badly.

    Great job ;)

     
  • At 6:59 pm, August 04, 2011, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thanks CherrySue :) I've only seen the L.A. Colors in the States and in really random discount shops here in London, where they're like 99p (!) each. Bargainous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails