Lyndar the Merciless

a personal beauty + lifestyle blog

. .

This week, I haz mostly...

Friday, April 16, 2010   |   1 comments


... fallen head-over-heels in love with this wallpaper (via decor8):



... tried in vain to find a supplier of a suitable paste (only "traditional style, starch based, ready mixed tub paste" need apply) for the Cole & Sons wallpaper that I already have...

... started making a blind for the kitchen window...

... DIYed some hanging votives by repurposing assorted crap rubbish stuff from around the house...

... felt very cool when I discovered that I have the same garden lanterns as design maven Nicole in Chicago (via Making It Lovely):

Nicole's
Mine!

... obsessed about Chanel Particulière nail varnish...

... gotten annoyed with myself for deciding I definitely want Particulière, bandwagon bedamned...

... given up Diet Coke except for cinema visits...

... eaten an egg every day as part of my lunch. Weird, but Bord Bia will be delighted...

... pretty much decided to get these specs. Yes, yes, we've been here before, but this time I've actually tried them on In Person. Once I get my credit card cleared I'm going to make purchase, damn it, because I am fed up to the back teeth with my boring bronze and gold metal frames:

Don't they look like something Garcia in 'Criminal Minds' would wear?

... marvelled at how cut off Ireland suddenly felt when plane travel was halted following the eruption of Eyjafjallajokull volcano in Iceland. Some of the pics of the event are just incredible, though. Have you seen them?

Here is, as the photographer himself describes it, "a spectacular photo of the ash cloud over Machester. Oddly beautiful":



The Twitter hashtag for tweets relating to the ash cloud is, quite brilliantly, #ashtag. Heh.

Now before I sign off for the day, have a cut-out-and-keep joke about the hoopla that you can use with any sportsfan you want to annoy...

A massive dust cloud has shut down European airspace. Authorities are questioning the [insert name of your mate's team here] trophy cabinet cleaner in connection with the incident.


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

. . . . « Older Posts . . . . . . . . . . ..Home. . . . . . . . . ... Newer Posts » .

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails